Sum a filtered row

Is it possible to filter a column not and sum up the filtered column. Eg. If I had transactions with categories like say subscriptions and expenses etc. is it possible to maybe filter all subs and filter the total of them.
Thanks for any info.

AlanF, If I understand the situation, your data looks something like this:

As you can see above, the summary field at the bottom shows the total value of all entries.

If you want to see the total value for any type, you can manually filter by type, as shown here:

As you can see, the summary field at the bottom now only shows the total value of that one Type.

You probably knew this already, and what you want to see is the total broken out by all types. In that case, you want the highly coveted Pivot Table!

You can add that to your stack by clicking on “APPS” in the upper-right corner of your screen. A panel on the right side of the screen opens, seducing you with the words “Unleash the Power of Apps for your Stacks”.

Click the “Add an App” button. A popup window with different Apps appears.

Scroll down until you see “Pivot Table”. Click its “Add App” button. The pivot table’s configuration window should appear.

Configure the pivot table like this:

That pivot table will now live in that stack. You can hide it by clicking on the “APPS” button again in the upper-right corner of your screen. Click “APPS” again to make it reappear.

Hi mojosam
Thanks very much for your detailed help.
Just 1 question I have it setup with 2 columns. 1 for credit and 1 for expense.
Is it possible to do both. Have attached an image. thank you.

Ideally you probably would like the pivot table to have three columns instead of two. Column 1 would still be your category, column 2 would be Debit, and column 3 would be Credit.

I could not figure out how to do that. Maybe someone at Stackby knows how or they can add that as a feature. What I was able to do was create a second pivot table. Not ideal, but it gets you the information.

As you can see here, the first pivot table now shows us the totals of the Debits. The second pivot table shows us the Credits.

Thats brilliant thanks very much for all your time and help. Maybe support could advise on 3 columns but thanks for your solution.

2 Likes